Blind Date with a Book *and Glass* Gift Box - June 2023
Time for the June Book and Glass Boxes!
As usual, I will have a limited number of these boxes available each month, and the theme and contents of the box change every month. This month is a limited edition of 8 boxes.
The theme for June is "Period Romance" — think books that take place in a historical setting with the developing romance of the main character being the focus...
Each gift box will contain a multitude of hand-selected items to get you in the mood. For June each will include:
* a pre-loved book related to the month’s theme (Period Romance), purchased second-hand at thrift stores or the book cellar at my local library, and are all rated over 3.5 stars on Goodreads.
* a stained glass floral posie with an explanation of its symbolism in the language of flowers (for example, the bluebell pictured symbolizes humility, constancy, gratitude and everlasting love. It is said that if you turn a bluebell flower inside-out without tearing it, you will win the one you love) (the exact one sent will be a surprise)
* a handmade (by me!) handkerchief made from my stash of Liberty London fabric
* a colorful pen in the style of a feather quill
* 6 book plates ("This Book Belongs to:____) for you to customize and stick in your most loved books
* multiple teas to imbibe while you cozy with your book
* and sometimes a few little extras I’ll keep secret for those who purchase 🤫
They are mystery boxes so the contents may vary from what is pictured, but I’ve taken great pleasure assembling them. My wish is that opening the box will be like opening a special care package from a dear friend. I hope you all love these as much as I do, either for yourself or as a special gift for a friend or family member who would enjoy the surprise!
* If you would prefer only non-caffeinated teas, or vice versa, please let me know in the notes at checkout. I am happy to accommodate!
Thank you for following along! Wishing you romance and escapism for the start of summer 2023!
Handmade with so much joy and care by ABJ Glassworks.